Thursday, October 8, 2009

Festive Pumpkin Cheesecake

So I've been major slack on cooking at all around the house lately.  I've eaten pizza and whatever random stuff gets cooked .  I really haven't made a meal in a long time.  I need to get back on it though because I am truly slacking.

With the holidays approaching (and Thanksgiving this weekend), I thought I'd whip up something 'festive.'  I was going to make this for Saturday's family supper, but I got bored and made it today.

Prep time: 15 minutes
Ready in 1 hour, 10 minutes
Serves: 12

•1 cup Ginger cookies, ground up (I put them in a freezer bag and roll a rolling pin over them or smash them down with a coffee mug).  You can also use crushed oreo cookies, or regular baking crumbs.
•3 Tbsp. butter, melted
•1 cup canned pumpkin
•3 eggs
•1/2 firmly packed brown sugar
•1 tsp. ground cinnamon
•1/2 tsp. ground ginger
•1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
•3 pkg. (250 g each) Brick Cream Cheese, softened (I leave it on the counter for about 2-3 hours to soften)
•1/2 cup sugar
•1 Tbsp. cornstarch
•2 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted
•1 cup whole pecans

-  Combine crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
-  Whisk together pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
-  Beat cream cheese, sugar and cornstarch in large bowl; blend in pumpkin mixture. Pour over crust. Bake at 350°F for 50 to 55 min. or until centre is just set. Remove from oven, cool 5 min. and run knife around rim of pan. Cool completely at room temperature. Refrigerate overnight.
-  Remove side of pan. Drizzle chocolate in random pattern over cheesecake. Place pecans around side and in circle in top of cheesecake.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds delish! I made my first ever cheesecake last Saturday and it was quite exciting (and tasty!). This one is def going on my "to make" list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! Any reviews on this yet, ladies!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was DELICIOUS! A little too sweet for me, but everyone else enjoyed it!!

    ReplyDelete