Saturday, October 17, 2009

Apple Crisp ...mmmmmmmmmmm.

I'm not a sweet fan at all so I normally stay away from treats, but tonight I had a craving for some apple crisp.  I made a delicious 9x11 pan of apple crisp with caramel topping.

Here's my recipe:

3-4 c. apples, chopped
3 tbsp. flour
1 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. oatmeal
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. butter
Combine apples, white sugar, 3 tablespoons of flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Blend well and place in 9"x13" greased baking dish. Combine brown sugar, oatmeal and 1 1/2 cups flour. Into this mixture, cut butter and mix until it becomes crumbly. Spread over the apples. Bake at 375 degrees for about 40 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve hot or cool with cream or ice cream.
 

2 comments:

  1. My mouth just started watering haha


    P.S. Happy Belated Thanksgiving! I always forget because ours isn't until the end of November! =/

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol- thanks Danielle!! Come to Canada and I'll make it for you on OUR thanksgiving! lol

    ReplyDelete