Monday, September 28, 2009

Pita Chips

So I'm a snacker.  I love crunchy snacks.  Chips are probably my most favorite snack and I can easily polish off a large bag before I realize I have.  I'm trying to gear my taste buds away from the delicious treats, but I can't.  I will always be a potato chip person.

I've recently discovered the delicious Pita Chip.  I like them because (1) I can make them at home with ingredients that are lying around (2) they are healthier; and (3) I find that after I cook and clean, I'm not all that hungry anymore.

Here is one of my favorite ways to make Pita Chips:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Ready In: 17 minutes

INGREDIENTS
3-4 pita bread pockets
1/4 cup olive oil  (I like Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Bertolli)
1 teaspoon of Oregano
1.5 teaspooon of garlic powder
1/2 paprika
Parmesean Cheese to taste (works best with powdered cheese & not fresh)

..DIRECTIONS

1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2.Cut each pita bread into triangles and seperate them (split pocket open/in half).
3.In a small bowl, combine the all ingredients. Brush each triangle with oil.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for about 7 minutes, or until lightly browned and crispy. Watch carefully, as they tend to burn easily!

These are delicious on their own or with dip.

2 comments:

  1. oooh I've never attempted pita chips before! I'll have to give these a whirl!

    I love to cook too and have some great recipes if you want any fun new suggestions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Danielle!! I definitely would love some new recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete