Monday, September 6, 2010

Cheesy, Garlic Savory Cupcakes

*I didn't take pictures, but envision the savory cupcakes below, but a little darker, a lot cheesier and no chives.

2 Cups Flour
1 T Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Salt
2 Eggs
1/2 stick melted butter (1/2 stick = 1/2 cup)
1 Cup sour cream (I prefer restaurant style)
1 Cup Shredded Cheddar
1/2 Cup Shredded Reggiano
1/4 Cup Shredded Parmesean
Parsley to taste (I probably used about 2 tablespoons)
Paprika to taste (I probably used 3 tablespoons)
Garlic to taste (I probably used.... way too much lol.  Use as much as you're comfortable usuing.  I love Garlic so I over load everything with it).
Pepper to taste (Probably a tablespoon)
Sea Salt to taste (probably a tablespoon)
Oregano to taste (Probably a tablespoon).

Mix all of your dry ingredients together in one bowl.  Add the melted butter and mix, then add the sour cream, eggs and cheeses and mix together. Beat the mixture on medium speed, until everything is combined.  Sometimes, it's easier to beat for a little while, then use your hands to kind of knead the mixture.  It blends easier when you do it with your own hands, I find.  Once mixed together, (it'll be a sticky, clumpy mixture), put into a greased muffin tin.  At this point, I used my sea salt grinder, and put a little fresh sea salt on top.  I did the same with a bit of pepper.  Cook on a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.

I duplicated this recipe, and cooked it in a bread pan and sliced it up into a small loaf.

DELICIOUS!  You can add flavors you like and take out the ones you want.  I love the garlic, but some of my family didn't, so make it without (or less) if you're not a garlic fan.  Want to spice it up a bit?  Add more paprika!  You can switch it up by varying the cheeses and spices.

No comments:

Post a Comment